Web Hosting Services play an important role in ensuring website performance, speed, and availability. It is a medium for making our website accessible by anyone on the internet.
Because web hosting is such an essential element for powering anything online, there’s also plenty of choices. This can be intimidating. In this article, we will discuss the best web hosting Services.
Before move onto web hosting let us get to know what is Web Hosting Services?
Web hosting is an online service that enables you to publish your website or web application on the Internet. When you sign up for a web hosting service, you basically rent some space on a physical server where you can store all the files and data necessary for your website to work properly.
A server is a physical computer that runs without any interruption so that your website is available all the time for anyone who wants to see it. Your web host is responsible for keeping that server up and running, protecting it from malicious attacks, and transferring your content — such as text, images, files, etc. — from the server to your visitors’ browsers.
When you decide to start a new website, you need to find a web hosting provider that will supply you with that server space. Your web host stores all your files, assets, and databases on the server.
Whenever someone types your domain name into the address bar of their browser, your host transfers all the files necessary to serve that request. Web Hosting Services
Therefore, you need to choose a hosting plan that best fits your needs. In fact, it works similarly to housing rentals — you have to pay the rent regularly in order to keep the server running continuously.
Types of Web Hosting Services
- Shared hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- Managed hosting
- Cloud hosting
Shared hosting – Web Hosting Services
Shared hosting allows multiple websites to utilize a single server. Usually, you’ll have no idea who or what websites you’re sharing the resources of a server with.
Each customer will usually have a limit on the total amount of server resources they can use, but this will be defined by your hosting package. Shared hosting is easily the cheapest and most economical option for your needs. Web Hosting Services
Advantages of shared hosting
- It’s by far the cheapest hosting option you’re going to have available.
- can upgrade your hosting package with time. This makes shared hosting a great place to start.
- Shared hosting usually comes equipped with a built-in cPanel, which makes it easy to manage your site.
- No technical maintenance needs to be done on your end to the server, as this is usually included in part of your hosting package.
Disadvantages of shared hosting
- The load time can be a lot slower than dedicated servers.
- The server can become overburdened by other sites that are sharing the server.
- As your site begins to receive higher levels of traffic, you’ll begin to notice that your site might begin to perform much worse.
- You never quite know who your neighbors are. Although rare, it is possible for other sites on the server to pose a risk to your own site.
- There’s a lack of customization options to truly get the highest level of performance from your website.
Price Range: $5 to $20/month.
Best for: Small self-hosted websites, hobby bloggers, small business websites.
Bluehost is a popular shared web hosting option.
VPS hosting – Web Hosting Services
A VPS, or virtual private server, is a virtual operating system that resides within a parent server and uses virtualization technology to provide dedicated (private) resources to other virtual servers.
The emulated, dedicated VPS hosting environment is created on a host (a computer or other device connected to other computers or devices via a network), server (called the “parent server”), or cluster of servers.
VPS duplicates many of the properties of a physical server, with similar processes and functionality. Although it acts like a physical server, in reality, it’s a piece of software that’s emulating dedicated hardware. Web Hosting Services
Advantages of VPN Hosting
- You have your own allocated bandwidth and storage and don’t have to share with other companies.
- Scaling is fast and easy.
- VPS hosting isn’t as cheap as shared hosting, but it’s less expensive than dedicated because you only pay for what you need. VPS delivers plenty of value for the money.
- The VPS hosting makes it easy to perform server backups. With Liquid Web, daily backups are standard for our VPS environments.
- VPS environments are isolated from each other, making them more secure than shared hosting environments.
- VPS hosting is highly customizable so you get only the features you want which even includes the operating system (OS) of your choice.
Disadvantages of VPN Hosting
- It’s more expensive than shared hosting.
- It requires more technical knowledge to manage your server.
- Improperly configured servers may lead to security vulnerabilities.
Price Range: Most VPS hosting packages cost between $50 and $200. Pricing is based on the guaranteed CPU and memory (RAM) you get.
Best for: Small or medium-sized business websites, media-heavy websites.
Dedicated hosting – Web Hosting Services
Dedicated hosting is an Internet hosting option in which a physical server (or servers) is dedicated to a single business customer. The customer has complete control over the machine, so they can optimize it for their unique requirements, including performance and security.
The hosting provider supplies the physical server and environment, the associated services, and technical support. Dedicated hosting is synonymous with dedicated hosting service, managed hosting service, and dedicated server.
Advantages of dedicated hosting
- Dedicated Hosting Is More Reliable in Terms of Performance
- User can get total control over the server.
- Dedicated hosting provides a higher level of security.
- It is providing better customer support.
Disadvantages of dedicated hosting
- Dedicated hosting is expensive.
- Dedicated hosting needs technical knowledge to manage a server.
Pricing: Dedicated servers are priced from $100 and up. But if you are considering a dedicated server, you should also consider the costs of hiring a system administrator to take care of the technical details. Web Hosting Services
Best for: High traffic websites, web applications processing sensitive customer data, eCommerce websites.
Managed hosting – Web Hosting Services
Managed hosting is an IT provisioning model in which a service provider leases dedicated servers and associated hardware to a single customer and manages those systems on the customer’s behalf.
In managed hosting, customers can rent equipment such as dedicated servers, storage, and network hardware; operating systems; and system software.
The leased equipment serves only that single customer — or “tenant” as customers are referred to as single-tenancy architecture.
The customer usually has administrative access to the leased systems yet rarely uses it, instead opting to interact with the system through a web-based interface.
Advantages of manage Hosting
- You do not have to hire IT staff to manage Hosting.
- It is easy to understand: managed hosting is a simple, intelligent solution that will help save your business a lot of money.
- You can completely focus on website growth.
- Managed hosting has the potential to offer maximum security, ensuring that your website will run without you having to fear any security threats.
Disadvantages of manage hosting
- You don’t have full control over your website.
- It might be useless when you have a big website and receive a massive amount of traffic
Price range: $15-$60/mo on average.
Best for: Small business owners, entrepreneurs, and beginners.
Cloud hosting – Web Hosting Services
Cloud hosting is a type of web hosting which uses multiple different servers to balance the load and maximize uptime. Instead of using a single server, your website can tap into a “cluster” that uses resources from a centralized pool. This means that even if one server fails, the other kicks in to keep everything running.
Visualize the cloud as a web of different computers that are all interconnected. As more machines are hooked up to the network, more resources are added to the overall cloud. Web Hosting Services
Advantages of cloud hosting
- Cloud hosting is best for businesses with changing bandwidth demands. With cloud hosting, you can easily scale up your usage as your needs increase and cut back again when the demand reduces.
- Cloud hosting reduces the high costs of owning the infrastructure to host your website.
- Most cloud hosting providers usually focus on a particular area of expertise, and this means that they can always access the most recent technology in their industry.
- It makes disaster recovery much easier, especially if you’re already using a multi-server hosting architecture.
Disadvantages of cloud hosting
- The security risks associated with cloud hosting are minimal.
- Web hosting infrastructure is in the cloud, your access to your data is dependent on internet access.
Price Range: All grid computing packages use some form of the pay-for-what-you-use pricing structure.
Best for High-growth websites, web applications, enterprise websites, eCommerce stores.
Colocation or colocation hosting is a highly secure data center facility where equipment, servers, space, and bandwidth are available for purchase to businesses.
It is a data center facility that companies can buy space in to host their servers and experience higher security and guaranteed uptime.
Advantages of colocation
- Cost-effective by allowing businesses to save on initial infrastructure investment
- Optimal redundancy and reduced downtime
- Better security by leveraging provider’s up-to-date protocols in both physical infrastructure and cybersecurity
- Designed for high-density cloud computing environments
- Interconnected with an advanced network backbone to serve next-gen computing requirements
- Scalable to help customers future-proof their business
Disadvantages of colocation
- Distance between the data center colocation facility and a customer’s office can translate into increased travel costs when equipment needs to be touched manually.
- Some colocation providers, like LightEdge, own and operate multiple colocation facilities all over the country to ensure that distance is not an issue.
Best for: Enterprises in regulated industries (healthcare, finance, government).
Although there are many different options to choose from when it comes to web hosting, it all comes down to choosing a plan that fits your needs.
Each plan caters to the specifications of different groups and realizing what your needs in a website are will help you ensure that you’re choosing the right plan for you and your business.
For more Article: Click Here