Evolution of Angular framework till now:
Angular 1 is referred to as AngularJS.
Released: October 2010
- Angular is providing MVC (Model View Controller) and model–view–View Model (MVMM) Architecture, along with components commonly used in a rich internet application.
Released: September 2016.
- Angular 2 announce in ng-europe conference on 22-23 October 2014 .
- It provides more language choices. You can choose any language ES5, ES6, typescript or dart to write angular 2 code.
The 3rd version of angular skipped because of sync of angular version. The reason behind this mismatch in a version between @angular/core, @angular/compiler and @angular/router library.
For Angular 2 version for core and router is like this
- @angular/core v2.3.0
- @angular/compiler v2.3.0
- @angular/compiler-cli v2.3.0
- @angular/http v2.3.0
- @angular/router v3.3.0
Released: March 2017.
It is compatible with AngularJS.
The new code reduces the size of generated code for your components, faster compilation, and better bug fixes alert.
Feature of Angular 4.3
- In a 4th version introducing HTTP Client, a smaller, easier to use and more powerful library for making the HTTP request.
- New route lifecycle event for guards and resolvers.
- The new events are : guardscheckstart, resolvend, guardscheckend.
- Easily add animation via importing @angular/platform-browser/animations into NgModule.
Released: November, 2017
- It focuses on making Angular smaller and faster to use.
- You can give multiple names of the components and directive while exporting.
- It shipped with the new number, date, and currency to increase standardization across the browser and eliminate the need for i18n polyfills.
- The @angular/http module was used for making HTTP requests in Angular applications. The Angular team has now deprecated @angular/http in Angular 5. It is replaced with @angular/common/http library.
Released: May 2018 with angular CLI and material 6
- Focused less on an underlying framework and make it quickly with angular in future like ng update, ng adds, angular element, angular material + CDK Component, library support.
- New commands added like ng-update to migrate from the previous version to the current version and ng-add to quickly add application features to make the application progressive web apps.
- Update components development kit and angular materialize.
- Multiple validators to be applicable to a form builder.
- RXJS offers a number of functions that can be used to create new observables. These functions can simplify the process of creating observables from things such as events, timers, promises, and so on.
Released: October 2018
CLI-Prompts – It will prompt users while command like ng-add, ng-new, and @angular/material to help you discover inbuilt SCSS support and routing.
Material and development kit – introduced minor visual updates and improvement in material design.
Refresh, virtual scrolling, large lists of data, dynamic loading, and unloading of parts of the DOM were the part of improvements in CDK and Angular Material.
The @angular/cdk/drag-drop module provides a better way to easily create drag and drop interfaces.
Released: May 2019
Angular 8 arrives with the much-anticipated ivy compiler as an opt-in feature.
- Dynamic imports for lazy routes
- Support for a web worker
- Typescript 3.4 support
- Angular Ivy as an opt-in preview
Released: October/November 2019
- It includes new and improved ivy compile and runtime, faster testing, better debugging, and many more improvements.
- The most important change in ivy in improve for bundle size, allow for better debugging, faster testing, enables the AOT compiler by default, and improves CSS class and style binding.
- URL definition becomes more consistent. Style URL will be checked in the same way as template URLs.
- The new version improves CSS class and style binding
Released: June 2020
Check the link for all the changes in Angular 10.
There are many changes that come in angular, waiting for the new change. Till now explore the amazing feature of angular.